Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites provide one of the best opportunities to connect financially vulnerable families with not just free tax preparation but a range of asset building services and programs that they may not be aware of.
This partnership meeting is intended to bring together a broad range of partners to develop a collaborative strategy that will:
- build the capacity of Central Coast counties (Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz) to serve more households with free tax preparation,
- increase uptake of tax credits,
- improve the financial stability of households in poverty.
10:00AM: Registration & Networking
10:30AM: Introduction & Welcome
- History and eligibility information for EITC and other tax credits
- Amount of EITC dollars that goes unclaimed
- Orientation to VITA sites in Monterey County, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties
12:00PM LUNCH (sponsored by Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco)
- Impact of RALs (i.e. rapid refunds) and check cashing
- Linking VITA to banking services and asset building strategies
1:45PM Discussion and partnership planning
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
United Way Monterey County
Phone: (831) 757-3206 x 205